Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pinoy MD and Doc Oyie

I am an avid fan of magazine shows. I love watching these kinds of shows because I learn a lot from them... some stuff that I can apply in everyday living.

One of the shows my husband and I started to watch every Saturday morning is Pinoy MD. The show basically discusses health facts and provides very rich information on keeping our bodies healthy and how to have healthy lifestyle without spending a lot from your pocket.

Last month, Pinoy MD was given another time slot for Sunday mornings. They also added two new and young doctors. When we learned that one of the new doctors is an internist, without batting an eyelash, we knew then that he will be Dr. Oyie Balburias. Our guess was just right! When I saw the TV commercial showing his name and photo, I called my husband to see it. We also received a text message from my sister-in-law, Oyie's mom, that he will be the one of the new hosts of the show. My husband was definitely just as proud as his family members and other relatives. Why not? Doc Oyie is his nephew! His mom is one of his elder sisters.


Doc Oyie, for those who are not familiar with him, was also one of the four hosts of the defunct Rx Men, also a health and lifestyle show from QTV channel some 5 years ago. During that time, he was just starting to carve his name on his chosen profession. RX Men gave him the opportunity to be seen on TV. It also gave us the opportunity to introduce him to our children who rarely sees him.


This reminds me that our youngest daughter have not met him yet. I was still pregnant with her when we last see him on my mother-in-law's burial. My daughter has turned 4 years old last October 1st. So, that was 4 years ago. I wonder when my daughter will be able to meet him in person. I hope soon... but not in another family member's burial.... 



Filed Under:

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk Adgitize your web site.