Thursday, May 6, 2010

No More Dede Milk!

My eldest is now 6 years old and will be turning 7 in a few months. But sad to say, he still drinks his milk on his feeding bottle. I have been trying to wean him since he was 3 years old. I tried all the techniques and tips I read on books and the Net. Unfortunately, none of them worked. We consider the younger siblings to be the main factor why he cannot be weaned.


He also knows how to respond and he gives the best answer you cannot argue with him! There was even a time when I talked to him and asked him to quit from his bottle. He simply said, "But Mom, I am still a baby! Daddy says I am his baby!" Although Daddy also wanted him to stop. In another situation, he threw a question back to me and asked,"But why me? If I stop, baby sister and baby brother should also stop." During that time, his baby brother was only a year old and baby sister was only a few months old. If bottle feeding is the only way to have him drink his milk, we do not argue with him anymore.

Last night over dinner, we were surprised when he suddenly announced, "Mommy, Daddy, starting today, I will drink my milk from the glass. No more dede milk anymore!" I have to admit it was a mixed emotion for me. I was happy, shocked, and delighted. I gave him a big hug and asked for a reconfirmation. I may be dreaming! But it was for real!

About two hours after dinner, they were all ready to go to bed, he asked for his milk. And true enough, not on his bottle anymore, but on the glass. I am so proud of you, Kuya! I love you!



Filed Under: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow galing naman ni kuya.. big boy na so no more bottles of milk.. soda na yan mommy.. hihi ..happy mother's day :D

Jomanette said...

Thank you! Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom too! :)

Emmaleigh said...

yay for the big boy! congrats sis! (:

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk Adgitize your web site.